Skip to main content

Featured

Times on screen

Getty Images / Porta Yes sometimes I think I spemd too much times on screen. I can go online for 4 straight hours, focus on my phone or my computer. Imagine I spend 5 hours daily, yes 5 hours because I always go to sleep late using my phone, that means 35 hours per week,  nearly 1 day and half on screen each week. I could make other things really special in those times, i think most of them are kind of wasted. I need to rehabilitate myself and try to do important things that will help me in life.

Have you ever had an experience online where you felt you could say whatever you wanted?

Image result for disinhibition meaning



I had an experience where I had a fake account on Facebook, and I was anonym because nobody knew that it was me so I felt i could say whatever I wanted.




What is the online disinhibition effect?
when the internet make people act differently online than they do face to face.

 What’s the difference between toxic and benign disinhibition?

Toxic Disinhibition
When you have a tendency to act meaner than you would in real life.
Benign Disinhibition 
When people can open up and share more than they normally would which can create a positive online experience.
What’s the problem with online anonymity?

Other users don’t know who we really are, this lack of accountability can make us feel free to do or say whatever, we’re less worried about life consequences because no one knows who we are.
What does internet lag-time mean?
When we’re communicating online and on social media it doesn’t happen in real time, there’s always a delay between when we post something and when we get a response and this lag time can lead us to say more impulsive stuff. 
Is it always the Internet’s fault that people act out online?
People also act out online depending on their personality and their life experiences.

Comments

Popular Posts